Angela Byron, Director of Community Development at Acquia, is a Drupal core committer, recipient of the Google-O'Reilly Open 2008 Source Award for Best Contributor, co-author of the O'Reilly book Using Drupal, and an open source evangelist who lives and breathes Drupal. She got her start as a Google Summer of Code student in 2005 and since then has completely immersed herself in contributing to open source. Her work includes core patch review, improving the user experience of Drupal through the Spark project, testing and quality assurance efforts, improving and fixing documentation, and general community cat herding.
She lives near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and has an amazing daughter. She's obsessed with Drupal, getting new people (especially women) involved in open source, as well as just geeky computer stuff in general. When the keyboard is pried from her hands once or twice a year, she enjoys video games, logic puzzles, drawing silly cartoons, and political books/documentaries.
I should really put something else here someday. :P
- Feb 13, 2015 - Computerworld: Drupal 'getting off the island' with version 8
- Jan 26, 2015 - Opensource.com: 30 community managers in open source to follow on Twitter
- Apr 7, 2014 - Opensource.com: Angie Byron on Drupal 8 out of the box
- Feb 9, 2014 - Business Insider: These Women Are Building The Software That Quietly Runs The World
- Dec 10, 2012 - New Relic blog: Infographic: Forget Wonder Woman — These Women Nerds Are Our Real Superheroes
- May 16, 2012 - The Georgia Straight: Geek Speak: Angie Byron, core co-maintainer for Drupal 7
- Feb 24, 2011 - Linux Journal: Angela Byron on Drupal 7: Cover story of April 2011 issue
- June 12, 2009 - CMSWire: Open Web Vancouver 2009: Want More Women In Your Project?
- April 6, 2009 - ZDNet: Perfectionists need not apply
- November 14, 2008 - OStatic: Interview: Angela Byron, Top Drupal Developer and Evangelist
- August 8, 2008 - Linux.com: Open source technology is hungry for new college grads
- July 22, 2008 - Google Open Source Blog: ... and the winners of the 2008 Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards are...
- January 23, 2008 - Linux Magazine: Greetings and welcome to our Women in Open Source blog!
- October 15, 2007 - Google Summer of Code Blog: Summer of Coders at Google: Angela Byron
- August 26, 2007 -
on the luck of seven: Episode 13 - Dries on Drupal
- September 15, 2005 - The Economist: Summer camp for coders