This afternoon, our rabbit, Oscar, passed away. He's been with us since 1999, a couple months after Marci and I moved into our first apartment in Halifax. Oscar was funny, gentle, smart, and full of personality... we miss him terribly. :(
Marci and I spent some time tonight looking through old photos and reflecting on some of the memories we have of him.
- His "happy dance" where he would run around, flip himself up, and twist around in the air, landing in the opposite direction from which he started.
- When he first met Pickle, who was just a kitten at the time, and made a record 9-foot leap from one end of the hall to the bathroom. Pickle simply meandered off in the other direction nonchalantly, of course.
- When he chewed through the hose connecting the toilet bowl to the plumbing and proceeded to flood the entire bathroom.
- When my brother Keith was holding him, remarking about how cute he was, and Oscar peed in his lap. ;)
- When Bebop was just a kitten, she crawled into his kennel with him and we caught them laying next to each other spooning.
- The way he would "peek" his head up over things to see what was going on on the other side.
- When he wanted attention, he would pick his food dish up in his mouth and fling it around wildly.
- He was once a TV celebrity in Bedford, Nova Scotia.